Reflect On Your Year January 05 2018, 0 Comments
It's that time of the year again, time to reflect on your past year, the goals and the dreams you set for yourself in 2017, your achievements, what you loved in 2017 and what you didn't.
It's now time for a little self reflection, a time to look forward, time to create the life you truly want and deserve in 2018, so make some time for you, to sit quietly with your favourite brew, maybe light your favourite candle, or have some of your favourite tunes playing in the background and reflect and really consider how you want to truly live your life in 2018.
Here Are Some Important Reasons To Reflect On Your Year:
1) Celebrate your achievements - Start your new year by focusing on everything you got right, the successes you have had in the past 12 months, nothing is excluded, celebrate the compliments you got, the fact you remembered a friends birthday ( or like me your own wedding anniversary whoops ) the cuddles you got from your babies ( even though they are now officially adults and it's uncool to hug your mum ) or just because everything went well for you, and also celebrate the not so wins, because hey beautiful, lets just celebrate the fact you made it through another year.
2) Celebrate what you learned - From Big mistakes, to tough situations, to letting go of being too perfect ( it's overrated and grace is better than perfection ) to learning you cannot control life or every situation, it happens and carries on regardless ( I learnt this the hard way in 2017 ) write it all down with gratitude and grace in your heart and soul, for what lessons it taught you, and carry it with you to a better, brighter future.
3) Find your joy - Focus on what makes your soul happy, what brings the light of a smile to your face, is it the laughter of family? The smell of the first summer rose? Music that makes your heart beat and your feet tap? Or something new that you have tried and you found you loved? Whatever it is, take some quiet time to reflect on what truly brought your heart and soul pure unadulterated joy, what brought you laughter, happiness and an inner fire to your soul over the past 12 months, and make sure you add more of this magic sauce to the next 12 months, feeling happy, and fulfilled affects all areas of your life, it makes us all more kind, more tolerant, more productive and more loving, so find your joy, and let it light you up, like a beacon in 2018.
4) Set your soul goals - With how you intentionally want your life to be, and the life you really want to live, but more importantly how you actually want to feel in your dream designed life and lifestyle ( I am focusing on feeling more pure joy ) dream bigger than ever, dream brighter than ever, your soul goals may be 1 year, 5 year or 10 year goals, but your future is yours and only you can hold yourself back ( trust me I've been there and done it ) so don't stand in your own way any longer, dream bigger and brighter than ever before, go on I dare you!
4a) I find it helpful to write down how I want to feel, and what I want, what I truly want my life to be like and I create a vision board to represent this, I have both a Pinterest board for this and also a vision board on my desk that I can see daily, try it for yourself, but live the life you truly desire and are worthy of.
5) Design your life for the next year - Start with the question, how would I love to feel/how do I want to feel, do you want to feel more connected to the present, do you want to feel more calm and peaceful, do you want to feel healthy, happy and empowered? Then ask yourself, what do you want to do more of? Do you want to connect more with like minded business people? Do you want to work with that person you have admired for so long? Do you want to do more creative stuff? Do you want to work less hours and spend more time with family? What experiences do you want to have? Do you want the freedom to travel more? Design your life with your feelings, your thoughts, your experiences and what it is that you truly want for your life and your lifestyle, remember this is your life, you can do what you want with it, so dream bigger, get creative and get really clear and focused on your dream vision, design it, make it fun, but most of all make your life intentional for you.
Hugs & Wishes