Lifestyle - Gratitude And Grace February 06 2017, 0 Comments
I am a big believer in being graceful, ladylike and thankful at all times in my life, but sometimes it can be flipping hard, especially if you are stressed to the max, busy or just simply forget, when you are juggling family, life and business and our lives are just full to the brim of noise.
So today I want to share some tips on how I do it, these are easy to implement into your life, and it will help to give joy and graceful beauty, even during the most stressful times in your life.
1) Keep a daily journal - I write down daily my thoughts, worries, dreams, and what I am thankful for, I usually start my day with a cup of green tea, and 15 mins of journal time, in my Emily Ley journal, we are all sometimes forgetful, and we forget to record and treasure those little moments in life, I look back each month at what I have written, it always amazes me what comes out, today I am thankful for my precious granddaughter who made me smile after a weekend of tears, as my gran passed away this weekend, so my thoughts have been a tad raw to say the least.
Emily Ley journal in pale pink, turquoise or Kelly green available at www.glitterandgrace.co.uk
2) Watch what you say - My mum used to say, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, and I have taught my children this as well, it is not always easy to be nice, especially if those around you are mean and rude, or a stranger is rude to you, but as I was growing up, I was bullied a lot, and do you know the lesson I learned, apart from being scared, is that rude people or bullies hate a smile, so I smile sweetly and pay a compliment to those around me, even if inside I feel like crying, giving up, not good enough etc or being rude back ( which is not my nature ) always remember your attitude mindset and positivity change everything.
3) Say thank you, write little notes of thanks to someone who has helped you, or made your day better, your husband, your children, delivery man, postman, friend etc, send them a smile in a note x
4) Always try and learn and be inspired by others - so read that book, that you have always wanted to, take that watercolour art course, walk through the meadows on a sunny day with a friend, talk to a fellow professional friend that inspires you and whose work you admire, the women in your life who you are inspired by and learn from daily, tell them, and do the same for someone else, be" the person who others want to learn from.
5) Me time - Yes it is hard, but carving out 30 minutes in your day, to relax and just be you is important for the soul, so run a bath and light the candles, turn on the music and soak your troubles awy, enjoy that chilled glass of wine and sneaky chocolate biscuit whilst watching your favourite soap, or just sit in your favourite comfy chair with that book, you have always wanted to read, just breathe and be still for 30 minutes every day, ah bliss xx
Hugs & Wishes